Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cat Lady

Calvin
Hello, there! I'm Jill and I am a self-proclaimed cat lady. But hold on a second...there's a back story that should be told whenever I tell anyone this fact about me.

Once upon a time, I hated cats. Literally, I hated them so much and I never wanted to own one. Ever. I always thought I was a dog person and had dogs all growing up. I loved dogs so much. And then I met Calvin (my cat). He was a tiny little baby who had been rescued and he needed a home; I couldn't say no. Calv and I had a love-hate relationship at first- I loved him and he hated me. I was covered in scratches and I just thought he was the greatest thing on earth. Literally, I loved him so much. In fact, I still do...

Gretchen
And then my roomie and I had a great idea to get another cat! How great would that be?! We went to the shelter and we found Gretchen. She is the sweetest cat in the whole world, she loves to cuddle, and she'd be happy frolicking outside all day long. Completely opposite of Calvin. And yet, I just never could form the same bond with Gretchen that I have with Calv. She was my roomies cat and Calv was mine...and then my roomie moved out and Gretchen stayed.

Great, now I was a legit cat lady. But that was okay, because Calv made up for it.  So in a matter of months I went from hating cats to being quite obsessed with my own cat, it has definitely been quite a ride. The world of cat lady life is not for everyone, but it works out wonderfully for me. Plus, it makes it pretty easy to buy me birthday or Christmas presents because there are some pretty wonderful, gaggy cat gifts out there!


Calv and I






No comments:

Post a Comment